Wednesday 8 October 2014

P4 describe the features and functions of information systems


Features of information systems

Data
Data needs to be inputted into an information system so it can be managed and processed. Once processed the end product is information, this is the output. Data is generated by all departments and functions of a business but also received via external sources. Data must be accurate or else the output information will be wrong.
People
People are involved in obtaining data and processing it to create information for specific purposes relevant to the business. Staff need to have the correct training and skills to get the most out of information systems and make them effective employees.
Hardware
The hardware used in information systems must be capable of the software used in the business as well as handle the mass amount of data and information processed through it and stored on it.
The hardware must be up to date to enable fast capture, storage and use of data.
Software
Software used by the business and its staff must have the correct features and functionality needed to produce and use information created by the business.
It must also have the correct features to enable staff to correctly and efficiently do their job such as analysing and processing data and reports.
Telecommunications
Any output information produced will need to be shared around the business as it will be used for different purposes.
Telecommunications need to be effective to ensure that data and information is transferred and distributed to the correct destinations after processing.
Functions of information systems
Information systems perform functions such as gathering input data, storing it, processing it and then producing output information. They also control this information flow as well as the feedback loop. There are also open and closed systems.
Input
Input with an information system has 2 different sections.
Detailed data that is stored and processed creates the output.
The user must specify to the system what sort of analysis they want the system to do.
Storage
Data should be stored at the most detailed level possible. IT departments may choose to store data of various summaries and should regularly backup data to avoid losing important data due to errors, these backups should also be stored in a geographically separate location to avoid a disaster (fire or flood etc…) affecting both the original data storage and the backup data storage.
Processing
This process is the function that transforms data into information.
 Simple processing would be simply adding up the number of items sold by the business by a variable, such as the store location, the product or the time or date.
Complex processing is the function of a computer performing calculations and making assumptions about any missing data to create the information from the data available.
Output
Output can be in 2 separate forms, graphical and textual.
Graphical is often used to view information on a larger scale and presented as charts, graphs, diagrams and pictures.
Textual is used to view the information on a smaller and more detailed scale, to do this it’s presented as charters, text or numbers.
Control and feedback loops
Control/Feedback loop is what happens to output once it has been processed and produced. The system repeats the same sequence depending on the output of the last loop, it has an effect on the input of the next data to information loop.
Closed and open systems
Information systems can be defined as open or closed systems, the difference being how they reacts and interacts to their environments.
Open systems fully interact with its environment and can handle unexpected events because it monitors the environment, meaning it can adapt the output depending on circumstances.
Closed systems are vastly separated and secluded from their environment meaning they don’t interact with it much. Any interaction will be planned and predicted beforehand or even as an automated process. It operates via triggers and acts according to events. They do not have an effect on external environments.
An example of a closed system would be a payroll calculator that is automatic and is triggered by an event, such as payroll day.

58 comments:

  1. You used to call me on my Jann phone

    ReplyDelete
  2. whats going good! I got too lucky, thank you so much you beautiful bitch. I got the sexy distinction for this unit thanks to you being such a nice guy doing the work for me :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Replies
    1. Hahahaha add me on EUW: DarkDanielb
      ( ͡° ͜Ê– ͡°)

      Delete
  4. guiz stop steealing wurk ty

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. He stole my tv!! Thanks for the help tho fam

    ReplyDelete
  7. Loooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooool....as if your still reading lool

    ReplyDelete
  8. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm using my Pronhub email account to write this message:
    Hi

    ReplyDelete
  11. This dude copied your work
    http://www.answerkid.co.uk/features-and-functions-of-information-systems/
    beat him up in the jungle.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I have crippling depression from this post

    ReplyDelete
  13. Did you know. My pubes only grow on one side

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi there I would like go put sandpaper in all your penis' holes

    ReplyDelete
  15. First day out
    Gave my mama hundred racks
    And bought a iced-out AP watch
    And bought a Cuban links just to match it
    That was voodoo, that was magic
    Nigga be cappin', I just be laughin'
    That was God, nigga was fastin'
    And hidin' K2 in my mattress
    Smokin' Tunechi in my cell
    That was my twelfth time going to jail
    That was my second time going to hell
    And back for real but I prevail
    Canary yellow diamonds in my bracelets
    Same color as my lady
    'Bout to hit her with no Jimmy Mack
    And go half on a baby
    'Bout to hit her with no Jimmy
    Have her walkin' like a penguin
    Still finessin', still be poppin' fraud finagling and wangling
    And a brand new two-door Wraith
    I coulda bought it but I just rent it
    Got a brand new big old chain
    Got so much sauce I don't need no pendant
    Paintin' pictures when I be spendin'
    I'm poppin' flo-rhythym on all these women
    It's my birthday, just turned 20
    And I just went to go see the dentist
    Put some stones all in my gold
    Know you niggas thought I was gone
    Know you niggas thought I wasn't comin' home
    But guess what, bitch I'm home
    On probation, but I still keep that chrome
    Crack a nigga dome
    (On probation but I still keep that chrome
    I'll crack a nigga dome)
    Traded my AR for a sniper, traded my Draco for a TEC
    Traded my Rollie for a AP but I coulda got a Patek
    And I coulda got a Corvette, and I coulda got me a jet
    And I coulda got me some sex, but I only got me some neck
    Traded my ex bitch for a check
    I'm takin' codeine with the x
    I wanna buy my brother the world
    But since I can't, I'ma get him a Lex
    Ay ay, I'm a Israelite my diamonds is real ice
    I had to sacrifice to be here, that's how I'm with you tonight
    I had to run down with my big Glock 9 to feed my appetite
    I had to go through hard times and dark times for me to see the light
    Ay, I remember pourin' honey on my rice
    Ay, I remember havin' no money, I was livin' in shacks
    Ay, you got me fucked up if I'ma go out without a fight
    Ay, this my first day out, I'ma live it up tonight

    [Outro]
    Live it up tonight
    This my first day out, I'ma live it up tonight
    Live it up tonight
    This my first day out, I'ma live it up tonight
    Live it up tonight
    This my first day out, I'ma live it up tonight


    ReplyDelete
  16. Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    2. kieran mai boi what a coincidence

      Delete
    3. or is it aaron i cant remember this shit

      Delete
  17. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  18. came to copy work in class, left satisfied with comments

    ReplyDelete
  19. Doumo arigatou gozaimasu Senpai!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I now own a business of my own with the help of Elegantloanfirm with a loan of $900,000.00 USD. at 2% rate charges, at first i taught with was all a joke until my loan request was  process under five working days and my requested funds was transfer to me. am now a proud owner of a large business with 15 staffs working under me. All thanks to the loan officer Russ Harry he is a God sent, you can contact them to improve your business on.. email-- Elegantloanfirm@hotmail.com.

    ReplyDelete